- 8th Annual Green Homes Challenge Recognition Event Frederick County officials and OSER staff will recognize Certified Households at the 8th annual Green Homes Challenge Recognition event on Thursday, March 28, 2019 at the Delaplaine Art ...
- Frederick County Sustainability Commission Seeks Nominees for 2019 Awards The Frederick County Sustainability Commission is accepting nominations for its 2019 Sustainability Awards to recognize individuals and organizations in Frederick County that have made an outstanding ...
About the Green Leader challenge
Create a sustainable, healthy home.
Earn 50 points to certify!
About the Challenge
Engage in the Green Leader Challenge to conserve valuable resources, reduce your environmental impact, and create a healthy home.
Whether you're a renter or homeowner, with a big or small budget, the Green Leader Challenge will help you take action. From small behaviors like shopping with reusable bags to big projects like installing a rain garden, the Challenge provides the how-to and motivation to move forward and make a difference.
How It Works
Find actions that are right for your household based on cost, potential savings, and ease of completion. Add actions you're interested in to your Actions To Do List, or mark complete actions you've already accomplished. For each action completed, you'll earn points toward your goal: 50 points to certify as a Green Leader. Certified Green Leaders get recognized and entered into annual prize drawings.
Here are some additional resources that will help you get started with the Green Leader Challenge.
- Green Leader Household Profile
- Tips for Green Leaders: Composting
- Tips for Green Leaders: Lawn Maintenance
- Tips for Green Leaders: Native Plants
- Tips for Green Leaders: Rain Barrels
- Tips for Green Leaders: Rain Gardens
- Tips for Green Leaders: Natural Household Cleaners
- Tips for Green Leaders: Neighborhood Green Program
- Learn More Recycle Better in Frederick County
- Environmental Protection Agency
- More resources…